Wednesday, April 8, 2015

March 30, 2015

SICK MIRACLE COMING UP....

What a SICK week.

First off, I registered for my BYU classes today. That was weird. 14.5 credits here we gooooo. Mom told me my itinerary of when I get home. 2:54 PM May 19th. Holla.

Some memorable quotes this week ---->
Giovanni is 7 and we ask him if he knows who ADAM and EVE are and he says "Avril Lavinge?" Which leads to him now believing that our first parent was Avril Lavinge. Cool.... 

"What you been up to Jorge?" "Just looking for a white girl man, I love white girls." Bahaha.

Our investigator Jesus still wants to know whether Adam and Eve would have eaten the serpent if they were Chinese. IT BAFFLES HIM.

*insert miracle here*
ALRIGHT SO, hopefully I explain this all well.
The Hernandez family has us over for dinner on Fridays. Every time we went for the first 3 weeks of the transfer, an 18 year old named David was there. David is good friends with the Hernandez' less active son Chino. Well, lately Chino has been struggling and so Hna. Hernandez told us to visit him and teach him and help him. SO, Wednesday morning I shoot a text to Chino and ask him if we can come over. He says Yes and then I say "Hey, you should invite David over too and tell him we want to teach him." Chino tells me that David doesn't have a working cell phone so he couldn't contact him and that David "probably wouldn't even be interested anyways." So I am like Ok Whatever and leave it at that. 10 minutes later we get a text from Chino, "David says come at 3." I am all confused on what just happened but stoked about it nonetheless. Show up to Chino's house and we teach him and it's a sick lesson and then we switch over for David's lesson and OH MAN THIS GETS GOOD.....
We are teaching the Restoration and David says so many golden things that my HEAD HURT. Lemme put some
"This all makes sense."
"Last year I wouldn't have wanted this. I knew about this church but I didn't want it. I didn't care about any of it. But now I WANT IT."
"Every state I move to, I have a mormon friend. God is trying to tell me something."
"Hey guys, I just had a realization. God gives us trials and obstacles so that we can exercise our faith."
"I want to be baptized."
"Last night, I prayed for the first time. Then today I woke up and felt like I needed to come over here to Chino's house. Then he told me you wanted to teach me. I was excited."

LIKE I COULDN'T HOLD IN MY EXCITEMENT. MIRACLES MAN MIRACLES.
Chino testified like a BOSS to David and needless to say, David is on a baptismal date for MAY 9TH and came to church yesterday. AHHHHH :)

My cousin came and took me to diner at PF Changs! It was nice and so sweet of her. :) Super fun!

Saturday we had the Easter party and it was fun! I suck at pinatas.....

LOVE YOU ALL. Talk to you soon!

Elder Jeff Groseclose
got the trunky letter....
Dinner with my cousin!
my boy <3








No comments:

Post a Comment