Monday, October 14, 2013

Wowwww, I am running low on time so bear with me if this letter is shorter than usual!
Anyways, last Monday was just a regular P-Day and nothing was too special and Tuesday we just went around so Elder Oliva could say bye to members and investigators and all that beautiful stuff. Yawn. ANYWAYS: New companion.

So Wednesday was transfer meeting and I got a new companion. His name is Elder Barrio. He is from Chihuahua Mexico and lives in the Mormon colonies there. He lived in the states for a little bit in HS because he is near Juarez which is like awful with drug trade and all that. But he knows English and Spanish perfectly so it's such a blessing to have. He has been out 11 months and he really is an amazing missionary. I have learned so much from him in our short time that I cannot even begin to explain it. I think I will grow 2489361 fold this transfer. 

Anyways, I am so sorry for how lame this email is but truly, it was just a week of adjusting and getting ready to work hard. We are still set for the baptism with Norma on Saturday and she passed her interview last night so it's all pretty much good to go. I absolutely love the branch and the people we work with and I blow my mind every day that I speak a language that isn't English...

So just some weekly highlights:

-Pruned a pine tree
-My new district seems really fun
-District lunch at China Buffet
-Seeing my investigators have a lot of opposition which shows me how true the work really is, the adversary tries so hard to stop it! 
-Late night Taco Bell run!

Yup, I am boring this week! But let it be known, I am thankful for everyone and you all have no idea how much I appreciate the emails and letters!

Tengan una buena semana mis amigos :)
Elder Groseclose
My new companion Elder Barrio

No comments:

Post a Comment