Wednesday, January 8, 2014

OKAY OKAY. So we don't have much times on the computer here so this message will be a hot mess and I am sorry about that. SO…

This week has been absolutely insane. So crazy. So on last tuesday, it was my last day in Columbus so I had dinner at Arturo's house with him and the family and also Karina and Norma (all 3 of my baptisms together for my last night!) It was so special and awesome and I am so blessed to know them and have had the opportunity to be their missionaries! On Wednesday we had transfers and what I said happened, I got transferred to South Bend! I am now up here by Notre Dame. It's way way bigger than Columbus and way less white people, feel like I am back in California!!! My companion is Elder Birch and he is from Utah. He is WHITE and has been out for almost 17 months, or something around there. We have had zone meetings and weekly planning and all this crazy stuff so we still have yet to have a day to fully work together in our area! I'll get more into that soon…..

So on…. I think….. Thursday, we went by someones house and we walked in and were gonna teach him. I of course was clueless about the whole situation and all being new in the area so when this lady walks by the room we are in, I holler at her to come join us for the lesson so she does. She turns out to be flipping HILARIOUS and when we walk out Elder Birch tells me that it was a miracle because that lady usually NEVER wants anything to do with the missionaries. Yay me! Haha.

We also knocked into a family and we were just talking and I felt like just asking if we can come in out of nowhere and they said yes and we taught them. Haha!!!

Other than all that, IT'S DANG COLD. We live like 30 minutes from the church and when we got there on Sunday, the English wards had all cancelled it for the week and only Spanish Branch met. WELL, it got so cold and snowy and crazy (over a foot) that we ended church after Sacrament Meeting! We ended up not being able to make it home so we had to go 30 minutes the OTHER direction and stayed with the other Elders and we were stuck there ALL SUNDAY MONDAY AND TUESDAY! Elder Birch and I only had the clothes on our backs! It was crazy. True survival man business. No food, clothes, ANYTHING! We weren't allowed to leave the house! And then it was a 1500 fine if you drove a car in the weather! Indiana got SHUT DOWN! Bizarre. So new to me. And our car battery froze and broke and we had to get a new one. JUST A LITTLE SIDE NOTE, haha.

So, crazy week. We didn't really do anything….. BUT IT'S COLD….

-Elder Groseclose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment