Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 12, 2015

Was that really already a week? That was super fast....

Once again I would say it was a successful week.

I'm gonna go through it fast because I gave y'all a lot to read last week so I don't feel bad giving a small, also seeing as like no other missionaries giving big emails except (SHOUTOUT:) Abbey Sadie Linus Matthew. I WANNA HEAR FROM EVERYONE ELSE DANGIT! :)

So I am just gonna give some stuff from the week:

> Francisco is now free of all his criminal charges here in the State of Indiana #yee

> La Rosca. It is traditionally eaten on January 6, during the celebration of the Día de Reyes (literally "Kings' Day"), which commemorates the arrival of the three Magi or Wise Men. In most of Spain, Spanish America, and sometimes, Hispanic communities in the United States, this is the day when children traditionally get presents, which are attributed to the Three Wise Men (and not Santa Claus). 

The tradition of placing a trinket (a figurine of the Christ child) in the cake is very old. The baby Jesus hidden in the bread represents the flight of the Holy Family, fleeing from King Herod's Massacre of the Innocents. Whoever finds the baby Jesus figurine is blessed. In the Mexican culture, this person has the responsibility of hosting a dinner and provide tamales to the guests. So pretty much a huge cake/bread and we all cut pieces and 4 baby Jesus' were hidden inside and Elder Weese got one hahaha.

> Taught Jacob. Member referral. He's super cool but a lot of doubts. He's 31 and I hope he progresses!

> Henry is still my homie. He gave us a ride to our dinner because he saw us walking.

> Taught Hector with President and our ward mission leader and the lesson was SO GOOD. Hector went from "I wanna live my life. Maybe I'll be baptized in 13 years when I am 35" to "I'll pray to see if I need to be baptized in MARCH" YAY

> Stepped in a hole of water and my foot froze in negative temperatures and -40 wind chill. But I eventually made it to the Romero's house and they loaned me a sock and shoes #tytyty

> Luis was at church. So was Hector. And Belinda and her husband and son. Yeeeeee.


That's all the highlights REAL FAST. Love you all!!

Elder Jeffrey Aaron Groseclose

Other elders got nailed
la rosca!
the best.
elder comb's last day :(
LUISSSSSSS
elder baird my SON

No comments:

Post a Comment